Submission Deadline: July 1, 2013
Young Philosophers Podcast Lecture Series
In the coming academic year, SUNY Fredonia philosophy department will invite young philosophers (persons who have recently received their Ph.D. in philosophy) to give campus talks. Each young philosopher we invite will deliver one research presentation and one introductory-style presentation geared toward an audience with absolutely no background in philosophy.
We’re now accepting submissions for Fall 2013 and Spring 2014. You only need to submit your research paper. If your paper is selected, we’ll contact you for information concerning your intro talk. Selected speaker will receive a travel stipend and a small honorarium.
How to Submit
- Email Submissions to - youngphilosophers [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com
In your email include…
- Research Paper (3,000 – 4,000 words) – MS WORD or PDF preferred.
- Abstract of Research Paper (max 250 words) – MS WORD or PDF preferred
- Make sure everything is suitable for BLIND REVIEW. Don’t include any identifying information in your paper or your abstracts.
- In the body of your email please include your name, affiliation, and title of both talks.
- Indicate what year you received your Ph.D. in philosophy. Please be a young philosopher.
Direct all questions or comments to Andrew Cullison.
What is a Young Philosopher?
Your age is irrelevant to whether or not you are a young philosopher. By “young philosopher” we mean someone who has received their Ph.D. in philosophy within the last 6 years. We will also consider submissions from exceptional graduate students who reasonably expect to defend by the Spring or Summer at the end of the academic year.
Honorarium and Travel: Selected participants will be given a small travel stipend and honorarium.
Speaker Dates: To Be Determined After Paper Selection, but we would like to bring out two speakers in the Fall and two speakers in the Spring.